Florida Chapter NetworkDedicated to the protection and enjoyment of Florida's ocean, waves and beaches More Details
Time to take action!
The DEP (Florida Department of Environmental Protection) and the USACE (United States Army Corps of Engineers) are about to decide on the state of YOUR beach! FREE UPHAM!
Please take the time to write or call into the persons listed and voice your opinion!
NO ONE should have a stake in YOUR beach and surf zone more than YOU!
The rock T-Groins should not be installed for the following reasons:
1. Current Project has not met the 50% overall sand saving projection
2. Financial feasibility and cost saving calculations contain errors
3. Project has not proven nourishment cycle will be lengthened to 6 years
4. Safety hazard of rock implementation has not been addressed
5. Diminished recreational usage of public beach has not fully been addressed
6.Public has not been advised the total cost of combined rock implementation equates to an estimate of $17 million
Ms. Danielle Fondren
Beaches and Coastal Systems
Department of Environmental Protection
3900 Commonwealth Boulevard
Mail Station 300
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3000
Tracy Hurst, Biologist
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
10117 Princess Palm Ave., Suite 120
Tampa, FL 33610