Florida Surfrider License Plate Design Contest
Help Surfrider Foundation Florida design our submission for the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Specialty License Plate program.
Currently, Florida offers over 100 different specialty license plates for various organizations in support of the causes they represent. The money raised from the sale of these license plates goes directly to the organization it represents.
WHAT: The Florida Chapter network is accepting design submissions for our entry to the FHSMV Specialty Plate Program. Winning design(er) will receive a Surfrider Foundation swag bag, a years membership to the foundation and a chance to be our Florida Surfrider License Plate artwork.
*Please note that winning the design contest does not guarantee the design will become a specialty plate, only the opportunity too.
WHEN: Designs may be submitted to your local chapter any time between May 15th, 2022 thru July 15th, 2022.
WHO: Any chapter member/volunteer and the public over the age of 18 years old may participate
– To participate, eligible contestants must submit a license plate design representing Surfrider Foundation’s mission of protection and enjoyment of ocean, waves and beaches in the state of Florida.
– Designs must be submitted as a vector based artwork (Adobe Illustrator). If a layout is designed in Photoshop, please provide layered Photoshop document (.psd). Preferred file format in order of preference: eps, ai, pdf, & psd. All digital images (photos, scans, etc) must be at least 300 DPI at actual size. Outline all fonts, or include them with artwork.
– Designs shall not include images or pictures in violation of the rights of Surfrider and/or third parties, including without limitation, under the copyright laws, trademark laws, and the laws of privacy and publicity.
– Please include your name, email, age, address and phone number in email submission.
– Design must follow the Florida Specialty License Plate Design Process and Restrictions https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/proc/rs/rs-20.pdf
While use of the Surfrider logo is not mandatory, if being used, the design must also adhere to The National Logo guidelines. The general restrictions are: Don’t add effects, modify, or change the color of the logo
*Winning Contestant must assign copyright in the selected license plate design to Surfrider Foundation through a separate Copyright Assignment Agreement.