Earlier this month, the U.S. Department of the Interior announced their decision to proceed with plans to expand seismic testing along the Atlantic Coast. While this is a disappointment, the good news is that there is still a final 30-day comment period to express our concerns. The comment period beings on March 7th and ends April 7th. Here are some resources to help your efforts:
- Check out our Coastal Blog Post on seismic testing.
- Hands Across the Sand is after the deadline for comments, but is still a great opportunity to show opposition to dirty fossil fuels and expanded oil/gas exploration. Click here for details on how to plan your own event and don’t forget to contribute to their fundraising campaign!
- Your chapter can author an op-ed or letter to the editor opposing seismic testing. Thank you to all the chapters that have already submitted op-ed’s, and big kudos to First Coast and Cocoa Beach for getting their op-ed’s published last week! Here’s a great example from the Cocoa Beach Chapter.
- Oceana has also created a sign on letter for elected officials to express their opposition to seismic testing.
- Watch and share the Pennywise PSA created by the First Coast Chapter.
- Finally, you can visit our Campaign Page for the basics on seismic testing.
This is our last opportunity to weigh in on this destructive proposal, so please take action today!