Great news- SB306, the plastic bag bill, successfully passed through its first committee stop in the Senate. Next it heads to the Senate Community Affairs Committee. Unfortunately, the bill has not yet moved in the House, so we need your help!
ACTION ITEM: Please contact Rep. Goodson, Chair of the House Agriculture & Natural Resources Subcommittee, and ask him to put HB143, Disposable Plastic Bags, on the agenda ASAP!
Representative Goodson: (850) 717-5050
ACTION ITEM: Please contact Sen. Simpson, Chair of the Senate Community Affairs Committee, and ask him to put SB306, Disposable Plastic Bags, on the agenda ASAP!
Senator Simpson: 850-487-5018
You can also contact the members of the Community Affairs Committee to ask for their support when the bill is voted on:
- Senator Brandes (850) 487-5022
- Senator Abruzzo (850) 487-5025
- Senator Bradley (850) 487-5007
- Senator Dean (850) 487-5005 (Please thank him for his yes vote on the bag bill!)
- Senator Diaz de la Portilla (850) 487-5040
- Senator Hutson (850) 487-5006 (Please thank him for his yes vote on the bag bill!)
- Senator Thompson (850) 487-5012
Thank you for your support!
Florida Regional Manager